Tuesday 17 June 2014

My favourite book cover: Nina Tara

I am always on the look out for new book cover inspiration, so I decided to ask some designers and bookish types to share their favourite covers. So we are kicking off with the most talented designer Nina Tara who has selected one by one of my all time favourite designers, Alvin Lustig.


Nina:
It is almost impossible to choose a favourite out of all his works as he has produced so many wonderful covers. I have chose this cover, Monday Night by Kate Boyle. I love the simplicity of Alvin's designs and especially this one for it's graphic feel and subtle colour palette. I think that is the magic of his work- they are timeless and don't feel over complicated with a wonderful balance about them.

I'm Nina Tara and these are a few things I like-

I love work on projects that make me want to push myself even further than the last project.
I find something that totally inspires me and I have to share it.
Someone hires me to work a project and the next time I look it;s years later and we are now friends and still working together!
I love making a mess in the studio from working on ideas and concepts for covers.
I love pottering around in my vegetable patch, helps me clear my head.
Oh... you can come find me on www.ninataradesign.com


Thank you so much Nina! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christian Dior has been a top name in fashion for many decades, and continues to burn up the runways with new fads every season. This year is no exception, with plenty of gorgeous selections in shoes, bags, sunglasses and clothing. And if you still can't get enough of the Dior logo with your wardrobe, this company also has plenty of yummy fragrances to choose from so you can smell your Dior and wear it too. Whether you are searching for a hot new pair of pumps or a sassy little shoulder bag, Christian Dior Outlet will have what you are looking for.Black is back in Christian Dior shoes that sport a heel that just won't quit and plenty of style to boot. You can opt for a black leather pump with a nearly four inch heel and a classy signature "D" buckle on the instep. For summer, check out the bright green floral leather sandal with an outrageously high (nearly five inches) wedge heel and a floral pattern embroidered on the wedge.All of these glasses are made with the high quality that you have come to expect with Christian Dior Outlet products.The hobo bag never seems to go out of style, and Christian replica Dior Outlet has the perfect pocket hobo crafted in rich leather with a Dior silver emblem on the buckle. For a bag that is small but big on style, check out the trendy Columbus bag that comes in a combination of denim and leather. This clutch style bag is the ultimate in fashion luxury.Christian Dior always has plenty of fabulous fragrances for both men and women, and this season is no exception. Try Forever and Ever or Pure Poison for women and the popular Fahrenheit for men. After one whiff, you will realize why Christian Dior has consistently managed to corner the market in fragrance.Christian Dior replica bags has been around for many decades, but the look is getting constantly updated to keep this company in vogue. Whether you check out sunglasses, purses, shoes, perfume or fashion, Christian Dior offers high quality and fashion.